Summer is here, and that means not only is it potato salad season, it’s sweet corn season!
|Would you just LOOK at that potato salad above? Roasted corn, bacon, a ridiculously amazing vinaigrette dressing… MMMMmmm! It beautifully marries corn AND potato salad season, and is just one of many great – and unique – recipes in my upcoming cookbook, “Sweet Corn Spectacular”.
With the release date only one week away, I thought it would be fun to host a fun contest. Always fun to give away books! So, here’s what we’re doing:
Write your own original corn themed Haiku and submit it as a comment to this blog entry!
What’s a Haiku? It’s a short, three line poem. The first line has 5 syllables, the second line has seven, and the third line has five. As an example, here’s one I could see my husband writing:
… yeah. Neither of us are poets, so we won’t be winning any Haiku contests ourselves!
Some quick terms that you agree to, by submitting your Haiku as a contest entry:
1. You agree that your entry is your own original work, and will indemnify Celebration Generation, LLC if you submit someone else’s work without permission.
2. Celebration Generation, LLC will select the winner based on whatever random criteria seems fit, based on the entries received. Make us laugh, make us cry, make us think… who knows what will grab us? Keep it clean, though – we don’t necessarily want to hear about what the man from Nantucket likes to do with fresh corn on the cob!
3. You may submit as many entries as you would like, please keep them as separate comments. (1 comment per Haiku entry!)
4. One winner will receive a copy of “Sweet Corn Spectacular”. Celebration Generation, LLC will be mailing the prize, so winner will need to provide a valid mailing address. The winning Haiku will also be published on Celebration Generation’s blog and social media accounts, with attribution.
5. In the event of a tie, two prizes may be awarded.
6. Your submitted Haiku will become the property of Celebration Generation, LLC
7. Any Haiku submission to Celebration Generation, LLC constitutes agreement with these terms.
8. Contest closes at 12pm CST, July 1, 2013.
Winner(s) will be notified by email (So be sure to use a valid email for your comment!)