Gluten-Free Spicy Orange Chicken
This Spicy Orange Chicken is gluten-free, but you'd never know it. Great for the whole family - GF or not!
Servings 4 People
- Oil for deep frying – we used vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 Cup Garbanzo / Chickpea Flour
- 1/4 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Oranges, Juice and Zest of
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Freshly Grated Ginger
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1+ tsp Crushed Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 3 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 Cup Garbanzo / Chickpea Flour
In a medium saucepan, whisk all sauce ingredients together until smooth. Heat over medium, simmer until it thickens slightly.
Remove from heat, set aside while you prepare the chicken.
In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, and vegetable oil. Add water, stir well to form a thick batter.Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes or so, to soften the bean flour.
Toss chicken chunks with additional garbanzo flour, then dredge in the batter.
Carefully transfer a few battered chicken pieces to the preheated oil. Fry for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Use a slotted metal spoon to transfer fried chicken to paper towels.